Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #178346

, , | Unfiltered | November 24, 2019

After customer has been transferred to my queue:
Customer: “Thank GOD! I’ve been on hold forever and the girl before me kept asking me for my birthday! WHO ASKS PEOPLE WHAT THEIR BIRTHDAY IS? And I’ve been transferred so many times!”
Me: “Well, miss, I certainly apologize for the misunderstanding and miscommunication, let me take your order”
*I place an order with her agency account number, name, and address”
Customer: “See, YOU understood! Why didn’t SHE get it?”
Me: “Well, miss, it’s possible the phone lines were crossed and you were accidentally transferred to the wrong line. What option did you press?
Customer: “I pressed TWO – just like it asked! AND THEN SHE STARTED ASKING ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY AND THAT SHE COULDN’T FIND ME IN THE SYSTEM”
*note: Option 1 goes to a patient direct line, where we ask patient birth date in order to verify who they are*
Me: “Well, it’s possible you were transferred into the line where we ask for several demographics to verify who they are”
Customer: “WHATEVER. YOU’RE ALL LIARS AND I CAN’T BELIEVE I HAD TO BE ON HOLD FOR THIS LONG JUST TO GET AN ORDER IN”
*click*

After a call to the operations team (who record incoming calls), it turns out the customer chose the incorrect option, was on hold for 14 long seconds, spoke with someone who wanted to verify who she was, and was on hold for 2 seconds when she was transferred to me.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!