Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #173064

, , | Unfiltered | October 24, 2019

I am a receptionist at an RV Dealership and get at least one weird or stupid call every day but this was one of my favorites. It is Monday and all is going as usual until…
Me: Good morning, (Dealership), (me) speaking.
Caller: Hi. May I speak with (coworker) please?
Me: Oh sorry, he’s not here today. He’s gone to a conference and will be back on Thursday. Could I get someone else in (coworker’s department) to help you?
Caller: No! I need to talk to HIM!
Me: Ok, well as I said he’ll be back on Thursday, would you like to leave a voicemail and he can call you back then?
Caller: NO! I SAID I need to speak with (coworker)TODAY! I have a message from him saying to call him.
Me: Ok, I understand that. But he is in (town in other province) at the moment so he isn’t here for me to patch you through to him. I can get (other coworker in the same department) and see if he can help you if you’d like.
Caller: NO! I need to speak with (COWORKER)! Can’t you try to catch him before he leaves? I need to talk to him TODAY!
Me: I’m sorry sir, he is NOT here. He is in (other province) at this moment and it’s impossible for me to get him for you. I’m sure (other coworker in the same department) could help you.
Caller: I don’t know why you can’t just get (coworker) for me! What is your position there?
Me: Um, I’m the receptionist…
Caller: And isn’t it your job to connect people to people they want to talk to?
Me: Well, yes it is…
Caller: WELL YOU’RE NOT DOING YOU’RE JOB VERY WELL THEN ARE YOU? I NEED TO TALK TO (COWORKER) AND YOU’RE NOT CONNECTING ME!
Me: I’m sorry sir, I realize you’re frustrated but (coworker) is NOT physically in the building or even the province so I CAN’T connect you. I can get (other coworker) to help you or you can leave a voicemail for when (coworker) returns. That is all I can do for you today.
Caller: F*** this. You’re not helping me at all – (*In the background as he is hanging up on me… ” Well she was f***ing useless”*)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!