Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #168998

, | Unfiltered | October 8, 2019

I was working the day after a public holiday. These are known for being hectic as people seem to think they need to stock up for a month when they hear the store is closed for a day.

An elderly man, who is known to be quiet polite and well mannered normally comes up to me while I’m stocking shelves.

“Excuse me, do you have any tinned red salmon? There’s none on the shelf.”

I go and check the shelf as sometimes there’s a few at the back. “Okay, I can’t see any there, so I’ll go and check the system and then come find you if you’d like to keep shopping?.”

He thanks me and I head off to check the computer. I find that there is none, and start searching for the man. I find him in the same place.

“I’m very sorry but we’ll have none until tomorrow. It’s been very busy today, I can offer you a raincheck if you’d like?”

“Well, that’s unacceptable. You’re a f######g blonde, you don’t know anything. Go and buy a gun and shoot yourself?”

I was so shocked I replied with the first rhing that popped into my head. “I’m sorry we’re out, but there still won’t be any salmon even of I shot myself here and now.”

He grunted and left, so I went back to stocking. The best bit: he complained, and when my manager asked I told him what happened. He laughed and I kept my good reputation!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!