Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #168938

, , | Unfiltered | October 2, 2019

I work in a grocery store, but we have limited time non-grocery items available all year round. Currently, we have Frozen and Star Wars themed children’s items. Just as I was walking to the back of the store to stock the meat, a customer with a slight accent comes up to me:

Customer: Hello, I’ve been looking for your Frozen pellows and tents. I can’t find them anywhere.

Me: Pellows?

Customer: Yes, the Frozen pellows and tents. They were in your ad for this week.

I start walking to the back with the customer, going toward the freezer. I don’t know why it didn’t click with me that she wasn’t talking about a food item, but when I heard “Frozen” I automatically assumed what she needed was in the frozen section of the store.

Me: Is…is it a produce item? I’m sorry I don’t really know what you’re talking about.

Customer: The pellows! The Frozen pellows and tents!

As we neared the non-grocery section of the store, I see all the Frozen themed items and it dawned on me that she was saying “pillows.”

Me: Oh! I’m so sorry, I know what you’re talking about. Let me go check in the back to see if we have any of the Frozen ones.

I checked in the back, and we had the tents, but no more pillows.

Me: So we do have the tents but it looks like we’re out of all of our pillows.

Customer: But I need pellows! What am I going to do with a tent but no pellows!?

Me: I’m sorry ma’am, but we’re out of the pillows.

She finally took two of the Frozen tents and walked away muttering “what am I supposed to do with no pillows?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!