Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #168462

, , | Unfiltered | September 30, 2019

(I work the front end, overnight at a retail store.)

Coworker: “There’s a girl with pink hair with a few guys and I think they stole a bottle of alcohol.”

Me: “Okay.”

(Since I can’t stop them, all I can do is watch to see if I can somehow call them out within the rules, and just make sure they don’t get into anymore trouble. A few minutes later the group in question walks by from the other end of the store. They leave quietly and I can’t particularly see any stolen items on them, so I let them go, but I still make sure to greet them.)

Me: “Have a good night!”

(Just a few minutes later, the girl comes back in and walks down the only register I have open and grabs a bag a chips. I stop what I’m doing and head to my register.)

Me: “Hey there, ready to check out?”

Pink-haired Girl: *loses her big grin and stares shocked* “Oh, um, I was just looking around. Actually… I need to grab my money.”

(She runs to another lane and quickly puts her chips back and runs out of the store. She never comes back. The only thing I could think of was that she literally didn’t see me and thought she could steal what she wanted from the store because no one was around to watch her!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!