Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #168402

, , , | Unfiltered | September 27, 2019

I live in Victoria, BC, Canada. One year I was corresponding with a Russian man who had moved to Bellingham from Moscow not that long ago. He and I agreed to meet in Victoria, so I set out for the ferry via public transit.
I discovered halfway into my ride that I had mistakenly boarded the wrong bus. This was long before cell phones so there was no way for me to let my friend know that I had gone off-course. By now I’m panicking and near tears because he would have no way of reaching me or vice-versa, and he had come by ferry from Vancouver to meet me at the terminal.
I saw a taxi and, not knowing what else to do, between my choking sobs I managed to ask the driver to get me as far as $5.00 – all the cash I had – would take me (which would be NOWHERE NEAR where I had to go, but at least I could call the ferry terminal from a pay phone to ask them to page my friend).

The driver took me all the way to the ferry terminal – a good 20 miles – no questions asked, and he didn’t even charge me.
Wherever you are, if you ever see this, thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!