Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #167655

, , , | Unfiltered | September 23, 2019

(I work at an extremely popular clothing and accessory store. It’s about 10 minutes until we close)
Customer: *storms in angrily, stops in front of me and folds her arms* “I’m here for my hat.”

Me: “Alright! Which hat? Do you have it on hold?”

Customer: “Why would I have it on hold?? I just want my hat!”

Me: “Okay, which color is it?”

Customer: “The black one.”

Me: “The floppy one, like my coworker is wearing?”

Customer: “Thats the one. Now give me my hat!!”

(I ask everyone in the walkie if they’ve seen any recently, but we sold out weeks before.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but I believe we’ve sold out of that one. We do have a burgundy one that is the same except for the color.”

Customer: “You sold out?? Why didn’t you tell me? You should’ve let me know before I came all the way down here! Well, fine. Show me THAT burgundy one.”

(she points to the one on the tallest shelf, I need to get the tallest ladder we have for it. I go to get the ladder, but when I come back she has one in her hands that was on the shelf.)

Me: “That one looks great on you!”

Customer: “No it doesn’t. The black one would. I still don’t know why you didn’t tell me before I came. Call (other store) see if they have it.”

(I call, and as I thought, they don’t have it. I ask her if she wants to go a shorter distance to another store)

Customer: *biggest eye roll I’ve ever seen* “I am NOT going THERE. It is TOO FAR. I don’t know WHY YOU would even SUGGEST SUCH A THING. Still don’t know why you didn’t tell me.”

(By this time we were definitely closed. She ended up staying about 15 minutes after close, which we desperately need every minute.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!