Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #163986

, , | Unfiltered | December 2, 2019

(During college, I worked weekends in a clothing store to earn some extra cash. I am working on the fitting rooms when a woman about my age enters.)

Me: “Hi! The changing room to your left is free. Let me know if you need help with extra sizes!”

Customer: “No I don’t need any f*****g help. I just want to try on these f*****g clothes and be left the f**k alone.”

(Shocked, I let her enter the fitting room and wonder how someone can be so miserable. A few minutes later she comes out.)

Customer: “I just wanted to apologise for the way I spoke to you a minute ago.”

Me: “Oh, thank you. We all have bad days!”

Customer: *while looking at me like I’m something she stepped in* “Well I’m not having a bad day actually. I just don’t have time to be dealing with uneducated fools like you and the rest of the workers. I am highly educated, have an amazing job with a 6 figure salary, and drive a brand new BMW. I don’t need help from someone who dropped out of school and works for minimum wage. You’re never going to amount to anything and are a drain on society.”

Me: *furious* “You are a disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. Your fancy education may have landed you a well paying job but it obviously taught you nothing about the real World. Not that it’s any of your business but I am about to graduate top of my class from [top university]. Everyone has to start somewhere, but maybe your fancy BMW has made you forget that.”
Coworker: “How dare you! Your manager will be hearing about this!”

(She didn’t say anything to my manager but I wouldn’t have cared as it was my last day. The following Monday I started an entry level position for a large company with a number of other recent graduates, including the woman from the fitting room! So much for her fancy six figure job – we were only earning minimum wage! She spent the next few weeks studiously avoiding me before disappearing one day. Turns out she failed some of her final college exams and didn’t graduate so the company let her go. Karma!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!