Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #162064

, , | Unfiltered | September 7, 2019

(I am one of the customers in this story. I am waiting in line at a coffee shop behind one customer (#1) and there’s one more behind me (#2). It is relatively quiet in the shop, barring the noises of the machines.)

Barista: Good afternoon, what can I get started for you?

Customer #1: (Mumbles order, so that I can’t even hear it and I’m closer to him than the barista.)

Barista: I’m sorry, what did you want?

Customer #1: (Mumbles again, slightly louder)

Barista: Sir, you need speak up, I can’t hear you.

Customer #1: I ALREADY TOLD YOU WHAT I WANT TWICE, NOW MAKE IT AL-FUCKING-READY!

Barista: Sir, there is no need to shout like that, but I couldn’t hear what you said.

Customer #1: I SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR NOW EITHER MAKE IT OR I’LL LEAVE!

(At this point, I’m getting a little annoyed and recognized the customer from earlier that day at a home improvement store that I work at)

Barista: Please, don’t shout. Though, you were mumbling your order, so I couldn’t hear it.

Customer #1: I TOLD YOU MY ORDER LOUD AND CLEAR NOW FUCKING MAKE IT AND IT BETTER BE FREE BECAUSE YOU CAN’T FUCKING CLEAN YOUR EARS!

(Customer #1 leaves the counter and sits down in the lobby, leaving the barista clearly confused and worried. However, she just punches something in the machine and tries her best before waiting on me, where I decide to have a little fun)

Me: (Speaking loudly and clearly enough to where I can see the others making it as I’m ordering it) Yes, I would like a venti caramel frappichino with an extra shot of expresso and extra caramel drizzle. Oh, I don’t know if I said that clearly enough for you, do you need me to repeat it.

Barista: Oh no…(Suddenly she catches on, and smiles a little bit before speaking in the same way I did)…Actually, yes, just to make sure I heard you right, even though you were speaking so clearly.

(At this point, I hear Customer #2 chuckling as Customer #1 seems is glaring at us while I repeat the order, this time mumbling like Customer #1. This clearly started to grind the first one’s gears)

Customer #1: I TOLD YOU TO GET STARTED ON MY FUCKING ORDER ALREADY! SO GET ON IT!!!!

Me: (Mumbling but still talking loud enough to be hear as I repeat the order)

(At this point Customer #1 marches up to the counter and demands to see a manager to ‘have me escorted’ but then Customer #2 speaks up)

Customer #2: How about something better than a manager, the franchise owner, and to be frank. I think you should be escorted out before you abuse my baristas and this gentleman anymore than you have.

Customer #1: LIKE HELL YOU’RE THE OWNER! WHY WOULD YOU BE ORDERING FROM YOUR PLACE! NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP, FUCKING PRICK!

(I suddenly quiet down and start to get a little worried, thinking that my attempts to get back was backfiring as Customer #1 then SHOVES me on the ground. Thankfully, I’m not hurt, but now more than a little scared. However, fate must have smiled because at this point an officer comes in, seeing what happened through the windows)

Officer: Alright, what’s going on!

Customer #1: Ah good, a police officer! (Starts to shout out how I was abusing him and that I threatened to harm him while making fun of him, only to get interrupted)

Customer #2: Actually officer that’s not true, (starts to explain the real story to which the officer actually begins to cuff the first customer)

Customer #1: YOU BELIEVE THAT LITTLE FUCKING PRICKY ASSHOLE OVER ME! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM AND DOUBT THAT LITTLE BITCH IS REALLY THE OWNER OF THIS SHITTY ASS DUMP!

Customer #2: Oh, really? Then how do you explain the fact that I have that picture over there?

(Customer #2 points to a picture of himself with a plaque reading ‘franchise owner’ under it and Customer #1 turns white. At that moment I start to find myself getting a little more relaxed as the Barista and I both explain our stories with the officer offering a chance to charge abuse. Though, as I’m not serious hurt, I decline but the officer still takes him out into the car.)

Me: (A little shaken from the ordeal) Uhhh…s-sorry?

Customer #2: For what, that was perfect. (Goes behind the counter and hands starts to type in the machine) Say, you have a gift card, right?

Me: Yes?

Customer #2: Can I see it (to the back) Go ahead and finish making his order.

(I hand him my phone, which has my card stored on it via the coffee shop’s app. He scans it and when I look at the screen, I see he loaded it up with $50 plus the free drink)

Me: I…uhhh..but…

Customer #2: Don’t worry about it, you’re here at least once a week and need more customer like you anyways, enjoy your venti caramel frappichino with an extra shot of expresso and extra caramel drizzle.

Me: Th…Thank you.

(To this day, I still go back, and have yet to the other customer again at either location.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!