Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #160154

, , | Unfiltered | August 18, 2019

(I work in the bakery department of a well-known supermarket chain. We keep a shelf of rye bread that is shipped in from “Company” every other day. It sells out quickly. We have our own store baked rye in addition.)

Customer: “Excuse me! Do you have any more of “Company’s” rye in the back?”

Me: “No, sir. I’m sorry, but all we have is already out on the shelf. We do have store baked rye though.”

Customer: “What? Do you people not want to make money? You’re not going to get any money if you don’t have rye.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. We get it shipped in every other day, so you can try again tomorrow. If you order some, we can guarantee to have it for you as we tend to sell out quickly. You can also try the store’s rye.”

Customer: “No, that’s stupid! You should always have rye! Can’t you order more?”

Me: “That would be up to my manager, though she’s done it this way for 10 years, so I doubt she’d change it.”

Customer: “Whatever. That’s just stupid. I guess you don’t want any money. *Grabs store baked rye and storms off*

Me: “Okay sir, have a nice day…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!