Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #160152

, , , | Unfiltered | August 18, 2019

(This happened to me in my days as a pump attendant. In the defence of the customer i did neglect to ask them a crucial piece of information before starting the pump. I was outside with my colleague chatting with them, it was nearly the end of my work day when a new Ford diesel super duty pulls up and asks for 20 dollars of diesel. Most people who ask for 20 dollars of fuel usually just hand me a 20 dollar bill so i decided to just pump it without asking, and this happened)
Me: OK so that’ll be $20
(Customer shoves a debit card at me, tells me the pin and his member number, and says he wants a receipt)
Me: (saying inside “oh crap”) oh…..OK, I’ll be back in a minute.
(I go inside and attempt to pay but I forgot the pin, so i go back out)
Me: Hi, sorry I seem to have gotten your pin wrong. What was it again?
Customer: buddy! Come on! You should have asked me how I was paying first! It’s (pin)!
(I go back inside, enter the pin info correctly but apparently got his member number wrong. I’m just finishing up and getting his receipt when he comes in)
Me: Oh! Hi! OK so I got it all done for you, here’s your receipt….
(He looks at me with a very condescending expression, points at my nametag, says my name out loud, just nods, turns around and walks out. This was the end of my shift so i went into the back to start changing out of my work gear, when my Co worker comes in)
Co worker: so that guy you helped just came back in screaming “where’s that (name) kid! He got my member number wrong! If i see him again I’m going to pin him against the wall!”
(After that moment i never failed to ask how the customer was paying before hand. I’ve had angry customers before but they’ve never threatened to physically harm me. Funny thing is i have a Co worker with the same name as me and he came back another day, saw his nametag, and started giving him a hard time!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!