Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #159073

, , | Unfiltered | July 22, 2019

(An associate asks me to open the locked cupboard which has customer online orders stored in it. I walk to the customer waiting and ask her name and what the item is)

Customer: (she very loudly and rudely says her name and the item and also continues) It’s what my email just told me!

Me: …. ok. (I open the cupboard and don’t even get a chance to look at the name on the item before she starts yelling at me)

Customer: It’s that one! It’s right there! It’s right there I can see it!

(I take my time as normal to read the name correctly before I give it to her, as customers can order the same items as other customers quite often; I don’t want to give out an order with the wrong paperwork attached)

Me: Alright here’s your item. Can I see some ID please?

Customer: YOU DIDN’T ASK FOR ID LAST TIME I CAME IN JUST TWO DAYS AGO!

Me: I’m sorry, I don’t remember you from two days ago, but I always ask for ID to make sure I’m giving the item to the right person.

Customer: THIS IS BULLSH*T NO ONE EVER ASKS ME FOR ID AND I’VE BEEN IN HERE ALREADY AND I CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE THIS

Me: I don’t understand why you’re getting mad at me…

Customer: BECAUSE THE LAST PERSON DIDN’T ASK ME FOR ID AND THIS IS RIDICULOUS! (She takes her driver’s licence out of her wallet and literally throws it at me. I look at her name and picture and hand it back to her.)

Me: Ok well here’s your ID. I just need a signature anywhere on here saying that you’ve picked it up.

Customer: (signing it so hard that she ripped the paper) THIS STORE IS RIDICULOUS I WILL BE WRITING TO HEAD OFFICE ABOUT THIS!

Me: About me making sure I didn’t give your paid-for item to someone else?

Customer: NO BECAUSE I’VE BEEN HERE ALREADY THREE TIMES IN THE LAST FOUR DAYS AND YOUR STORE IS BULLSH*T AND YOU ALL TREAT ME LIKE SH*T AND THIS IS RIDICULOUS! (She throws the pen on the counter and starts walking away.)

Me: Ok well have a great day!

(She then yelled something else on the way out but I couldn’t make out what it was. Probably something about how I shouldn’t have told her nicely to have a good while she was clearly mad at me for doing literally nothing to her)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!