Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #155590

, , , | Unfiltered | June 30, 2019

(I am working into my 15th month in the flagship store for a well-known department store with the slogan “America’s Store”. I work Housekeeping, and am assigned to one half a floor since the store is comprised of two connected buildings. My shift is incredibly uneventful aside from special events and holidays. Well, the following happened today as I started my shift.)

Housekeeper: Housekeeping!

Me: *Walks over and sees that almost all the glass shelves of a Back To School display are broken, so I help him and an associate sweep up the broken glass* What happened here?

Floor Manager: *She is making sure no one is getting in our way* little kid was running around and bumped into the display.

Me: Oh geez! *Thinking “Wow! Hope the kid is okay!”*

Housekeeper: It’s close to the holidays, man, it’s going to happen.

Me: *Chuckles a little* I honestly expected this to happen before my year mark here.

(I helped get as much of the glass off the floor as possible and went back to my normal routine. A little bit later, I heard it was a little girl and that she was okay. I was so relieved! I do wish parents would keep better watch over their children so we can avoid something like this from happening again. She could have gotten seriously hurt!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!