Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #155588

, , , | Unfiltered | June 30, 2019

In the store that I work at, if the customer is using a credit/debit card to pay, the customer has to select debit or credit on the card reader, and the cashier also has to select debit or credit on the cash register. Then the card reader will display a message asking “is ($ amount) correct? Y/N”

Occasionally, if we both hit the credit/debit button at the same time, the card reader will freeze and not ask if the amount is correct. At that point, the cashier cancels the transaction and the customer must swipe their card again.

Me: “Debit or Credit?”
Customer: “Debit”

(we hit the buttons simultaneously and the card reader freezes)

Me: “Is it doing anything?”

I turn the card reader toward me and see that it’s frozen. I begin to cancel the transaction…

Customer: “It’s processing. Just wait! IT’S PROCESSING!!!”
Me: “No it’s frozen, swipe your card again”

Before he even finishes swiping his card…
Customer: “SEE?!? SAME SCREEN!!! IT WAS PROCESSING!!!”

Then the screen changes and asks “Is ($ amount) correct? Y/N”

He presses yes, enters his PIN# and the transaction is complete.
He kind of smirks at me, snatches his receipt from my hand and mutters “idiot” under his breath.

I thought about explaining it to him, but just shrugged my shoulders and figured “not worth it”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!