Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #155544

, , | Unfiltered | June 26, 2019

A pretty rowdy mother-daughter duo comes in and is making their way through the store. They look at various things but haven’t picked anything up, so I go over to see if I can help them.

Me: “Hello, can I help ypu find anything today?”
Daughter, looking at a dress: “I really hate this store.”
Me: “Um… okay…”
Daughter: “None of this is my style. I think it’s all ugly.”
Mom: “Oh my god, right? Who would wear this crap?”
I walk off without saying anything. Despite their previous statements, ten minutes later they are still walking around the store, loudly complaining about our clothing/merchandise.
Me: “Ma’am, I’m going to have to ask you to please be a little quieter.”
Daughter: “Do you like the stuff in here?”
Me: “Well, I work here. so yes, I do.”
Daughter, with a smirk: “Oh, so you have to say that? It’s okay honey, I know you think the clothes are ugly too.”
Me: *looks down at my outfit, purchased entirely from this store, and looks back up at her* Actually, I work here because I love pur clothes.
Daughter: “Oh. Well, none of it is my style, I wouldn’t wear any of this.”
Me: “Then with all due respect, ma’am, why the hell are you still shopping in a store where you don’t like any of the clothes?”
The daughter has the nerve to look shocked, then grabs her mom and books it out of the store. Several customers are laughing, and my manager gives me a high five on my way to the back.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!