Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #155119

, , | Unfiltered | June 20, 2019

(I work for a large manchester store. Way up the back of the stop is a towel clearance table that almost always looks a mess because it’s full of odds and ends that are regularly scratched through by customers. I am currently sorting the lower shelf of this table, and am on my hands and knees, pulling unfolded towels out and stashing them on the floor next to me so I can refold them. There is quite a pile beginning to form. Despite this  a woman walks up to the table, walks over the heaping pile of towels, and then stands on my fingers.)
Me: Uh, excuse me, ma’am? You’re standing on my hand.
(The woman completely ignores me, despite the fact that she’s swaying about as her heel crushes my fingers.)
Me: Ma’am? I’m sorry, ma’am? You’re standing on my fingers – please, ma’am, I need you to –
(She’s still ignoring me, and I’m in quite a bit of pain. So I attempt to save my poor hand and try to shift them out from underneath her, all the while attempting to get her attention. She continues to ignore me, even as my voice gets more worried from how much pain I’m in.
Eventually I manage to yank my fingers free, but the woman loses her balance and topples backwards. I manage to help catch her, but before I can check if she’s okay she turns on me, fuming.
Customer: You tripped me, you b****!
Me: I’m sorry, but you were standing on my fingers, and I –
Customer: Do you really think that’s some excuse to kick my feet out from under me?! I will have your job for this!
Me: I’m sorry, but this is just a misunderstanding –
Customer: When a customer is standing on your hand, you suck it up and LET THEM STAND. ON. YOUR. HAND. I DON’T PAY YOUR WAGE SO YOU CAN WHINE ABOUT THE WAY I TREAT YOU.
(I’m baffled. I don’t even know what to say at this point, and can only stare as she turns tail and storms out of the store.)
Customer : YOU HAVE LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER! AS IF YOU EVEN *NEED* FINGERS IN THIS DEAD END JOB!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!