Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #154763

, , | Unfiltered | June 15, 2019

(I’m working a typical shift at my store when a man comes in who my other coworkers have already dealt with before. However, I am unaware that this is that specific customer.)
Me: Hi there how are you today?
Customer: Yeah, can I get the Megabucks with the power play?
Me: Oh, I’m sorry sir but I don’t believe the Megabucks has an add on option. Let me double check really quickly though. (Sure enough, I go to the lottery machine and attempt to do an add on, which is what we call the various options added to lottery tickets for additional money, and nothing pops up.)
Me: Yeah, I was right unfortunately. The Megabucks doesn’t have an add on option.
Customer: Look! Go get me someone who knows what they’re doing! I want the Megabucks with the power play!
Me: Sir, I assure you I do know what I’m doing and the Megabucks does not have such an option.
Customer: Go get that other girl, she knows how to do it! Go on, go get someone who knows how to do their job!
Me: Sir, I do know how to do my job, and getting another one of my coworkers won’t help. They will simply tell you the very same thing I have told you already. The Megabucks does not have an add on option. It just doesn’t.
Customer: Listen! I’m not going to repeat myself again! I want a Powerball ticket with the power play! How hard is that to understand?!
Me: Well sir, I apologize but that was not what you asked me for initially. I’ll be more than happy to print you a Powerball ticket with the power play add on. ( I proceed to print the ticket while he mumbles rudely under his breath.) Here you are sir, that’ll be $3.
Customer: *tosses money on the counter without another word*
Me: Thank you so much sir, you have a wonderful day and good luck! (I send him off with my usual happy parting remarks and a smile. He proceeds to keep his mouth shut and glower as he storms out of the store. I thought this was the end of it, as the two other ladies I work with have had nearly this exact situation with him. To my very great surprise, the customer comes back into the store ten minutes later and apologizes!)
Customer: I apologize if I was rude earlier. I’m not used to this heat and it makes me absolutely miserable. Have a nice night.
Me: Thank you sir, it’s quite normal for the heat to make everyone a bit miserable. Have a good night yourself.
(Surprisingly, I was the ONLY cashier he’d apologized to for his behavior and he hasn’t made such a scene since that I’m aware of!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!