Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #154745

, | Unfiltered | June 14, 2019

(I am a woman in my early 20’s, working part-time in a local game store whilst sorting out my life properly. I am of Arabic descent, though I have distanced myself from my family, am an athiest, and live on my own in the UK. A cheerful looking lady comes in, and I greet her. She answers, but straight after she stops for a moment to stare at me.)

Me: (Slightly confused, but trying to look happy) Is something wrong, ma’am?
Customer: Is your name Sid?
Me: …Sid?
Customer: Yeah! You know, like Alexander Siddig! Sid! You look so much like him!
Me: (I am a particularly big fan of Siddig’s work, even more so that he’s recently been in Game of Thrones. I am still a little perplexed, as I am much younger, and to top it off, female.) I…can’t say I get that very often. Is that a good thing?
Customer: Yes! Oh, I know! Do the line from that one movie!
Me: Alexander Siddig has been in quite a few films, unfortunately. And unfortunately, I’m not him.
Customer: Oh, but you must be! You’ve got the hair, and the eyes, and the skin, and the…
Me: Don’t say ‘the beard’.
Customer: (Looking disappointed) So, you’re not him?
Me: (Chuckling awkwardly) No, ma’am, I’m not. Now that’s over with, is there anything I can help you with?
Customer: (Seemingly under her breath, but still loud enough that I and everyone in the store can hear) No…filthy Halal-preaching swines. Go get married off by your mother, or something.

(She then stormed out in a big huff. I was confused and slightly annoyed–more annoyed at myself for not being able to go into a big rant about how I’m not a ‘swine’ of any kind, and how my mother will not be doing such a thing. I suppose that might have been for the best, really.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!