Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #153722

, , | Unfiltered | June 3, 2019

At the store I work at, the computer will sort out food and non-food items automatically when the customer is paying with EBT.

Customer: This is food stamps, and this is on a separate order. *gestures at a beer can*

I assume he doesn’t know the computer can handle this, since customers make this request all the time, so I ring it up all together. There were customers in line and I thought it would be much faster.

Me: Ok, that’ll be (price) for the food. *man swipes EBT card* Ok…and it’s $1.37 for the beer.

Man: What?? Why is it that much?

Me: Because…that’s how much the store is selling it for?

Man: No, no, you did it wrong. I told you it was a separate order!! It’s charging me too much tax now because you rang it all up together! I hate working with you people, you always f*** it up.

Me: Would you like for me to take it off and ring it up separately?

Man: YES.

I ring it up, and seeing that it’s on sale this week, I ask for his rewards card again.

Man: I already gave you the d*** card, why do I have to get it out again?

Me: This is a separate transaction, so I have to scan your card again. *man hands over card, loudly berating me about how long this is taking. I push the total button and smile at him* Ok, that’ll be $1.37 please!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!