Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #153718

, | Unfiltered | June 3, 2019

(I am at a popular sandwich shop chain in an airport before my flight. Customers walk up to the counter, place their order, and while employees make their sandwich, customers wait in line to pay. It is very busy, and employees are trying to speed things along by letting cash customers pay before actually getting to the register. I am fourth in line, with a young couple in front of me. I have just ordered.)

Employee 1: (not on register) “Your total is $17. If you’re paying with cash, I can go ahead and get your payment.”

(I hand the employee a $20 bill)

Employee 1: “Your change is $3, just a moment.”

(Employee 1 hands the $20 to the employee working the register without explanation, who is swamped. Employee 1 has disappeared to the back. By this time, I have received my order and only the couple is ahead of me in line.)

Employee 2: (Waves $20 in the air) “What is this? Who is this for?”

Me: “That’s mine, I had a number 4 and a bottle of water, I just need $3 change.”

Male Customer: (to me) “Is that really necessary?”

Me: (confused) “Excuse me?”

Male Customer: “You have no right to cut us like that.”

(I think perhaps I made a mistake, maybe that wasn’t my twenty the employee had, and this man had also given her a twenty.)

Me: “Oh, sorry, was that your twenty?”

Customer’s girlfriend: (Looking embarrassed) “Oh don’t mind him.”

Me: “Oh you were just joking with me, sorry I didn’t realize that was sarcasm.”

Male customer: “No, that was extremely rude of you, are you really in that much of a hurry that you can’t wait one more in line?”

Me: “I was simply answering the employee, I didn’t mean to cut you. Wait, do you even have your food yet?”

Male customer: “Well, no, but you still had no right to take out your frustrations by cutting us in line!”

Me: *confused and speechless*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!