Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #153714

, , | Unfiltered | June 3, 2019

(I work for a counter fraud department within a large well known insurance company, primarily my job consists of investigating new policies and looking for any signs that might link to fraud, fraud rings, ghostbrokers etc and validating the information on new policies, however sometimes we do take an occasional call from a policy holder who’s file we investigated)

Caller: Hi, my policy was cancelled by you and my new insurer is looking for proof of no claims, I should have 11 years?

Me: Alright let me have a look for you.

(I check his file and notice we confirmed with his last insurer  that he left them with 9 years and was with us for a year so he is entitled to 10)

Me: Okay sir, I can send you an email confirming 10 years no claims discount is that okay?

Caller: No I have 11! I had 9 with [Last insurers name] and have been with you for a whole year so 11!

Me: No sir that would be 10 years no claims discount…

Caller: *In an belittling tone* Please explain to me how you are coming up with this calculation because I did the maths and you owe me 11 years no claims discount!

Me: Certainly sir, well 1 + 1 is 2 yes?

Caller: Yes..

Me: And when you add 1 to another number that number becomes 1 more than it already is yes?

Caller: Yes?…

Me: Therefore 9 + 1 is 10, I’ll send out the email within the next 24hrs.

Caller: Oh, okay.. Uhm.. *Click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!