Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #152559

, , | Unfiltered | June 2, 2019

This happened during my last month at my old part-time job. I was at the register, when two customers (a man and his wife) drove up to pump gas. As they got out, I noticed that they were smoking and not putting it out.

Me: Excuse me. I need you two to put those out before you start.

They both acknowledged what I just said. A few minutes later, I had just finished with another customer, when I noticed that the wife was still smoking.

Me: Ma’am. I need you to put that cigarette out. It’s a fire hazard.

She looked at me, apparently having heard what I said, so I went back to my register. A few minutes later, I saw that she was STILL smoking.

Me: Ma’am. This is the third time I’ve had to tell you. You can’t smoke here. It’s a fire hazard.

Finally, she takes out her cigarette and (without looking down to make sure there wasn’t any oil or something) throws it on the ground. She kinda scowled at me the rest of the time she was there. Her husband kept giving me an apologetic look.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!