Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #152414

, , | Unfiltered | May 28, 2019

(I work at a fast food ice cream restaurant where there is an extra charge for extra toppings on sundaes. This is clearly stated on the menu, and almost no one has a problem with this; this one customer however, comes frequently and always wants a lot of extra topping, but refuses to pay extra for it. On this particular day, I am working with a manager who is fed up with the customer, and is known for not taking people’s crap.)

Customer: I’d like a large chocolate sundae with extra extra chocolate syrup.

Me: Alright, that will be [total including the charge for extra topping].

Customer: They don’t usually charge me for extra.

Me: Sir, for the years I have been working here, we have always charged for extra topping. It clearly says so on the board.

Customer: But I don’t wanna pay for extra.

Me: Then I cannot give you any additional topping.

Customer (trying to be funny): Come on, just a little?

Me: Sir, I can give you the standard amount of chocolate syrup for the cost of the sundae, if you want anything more than that, I will have to charge you.

Customer: [Pays the normal amount and accepts his sundae without extra topping]

Manager (Applauding): [My Name], you are my f***ing hero

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!