Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #152365

, , | Unfiltered | May 27, 2019

(I work at a smaller store in a chain of pharmacies, and we’re rather short staffed this morning, so I’m a little out of it by this point.  I just finish ringing an older woman.)

Me: Alright, ma’am, your total is $11.21.

(The woman hands me $21.  I figure that I will go ahead and be nice and use a penny from my pocket to give her exact change, but she doesn’t notice.)

Me: Ma’am, your change comes out to be $9.80.

Woman: WHAT! I gave you $21, that should be $10 back!

Me: Ma’am, there was about 21 cents as well, that doesn’t

Woman: But I gave you $21! you should give me back $10!

(This continues on for a few minutes, before she gives up)

Woman: Fine, but I don’t want a bunch of ones!

Me: Ma’am, it’s $9. I can’t break that into anything but a five and four ones.

Woman: Whatever, see if I ever come here again.  It wasn’t what you said, but how you say it, SIR!

Me: …I’m sorry to hear that ma’am, but I at least hope you have pleasant day and [Corporate leave-taking].

Woman: I will, SIR!

(She then storms out of the store.  The kicker? I am smiling and pleasant at my job, and have never gotten a complaint about my “attitude”.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!