Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

15 Puzzling Stories About People Perplexed By Passwords

| Right | May 6, 2021

Dear readers,

Today is World Password Day! Although biometric logins are coming onto the scene and making life a little simpler, it still seems you need a password for everything. Got a new email address? Password. Buying clothes from a cool new website? Password. Signing up for a new streaming service? Password. And these days, “MyCatFluffy42” isn’t going to cut it.

But don’t worry! You’re not alone in your password struggles. In fact, you’re probably doing better than most of the people in these fifteen stories from our archives!

 

Can’t Solve The Problem Initially – If you were working with Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramírez, we might understand.

No Re-Write Access – This person should probably using less complicated technology. Like an Etch A Sketch or something.

A Knack For Detecting PEBCAK – 100% of commenters on this story agree: this is stupid.

No Access Success – There is a lot to unpack here.

Losername – My brain would’ve short-circuited shortly after hearing, “What’s a username?”

Yet Another “Case” Of This – Hits from the comments: “I can see the customer entering **@@** instead of 882288.”

Not Getting The Signal – She said the thing! She said the thing!

Someone Needs To Get Ctrl-Alt-Deleted – “Can I talk to your secretary, please?”

His Understanding Of Tech Security Has Expired – Works about the same as banging your head on the desk.

Be Our Guest, But Not Online – Geez, they asked for the Wi-Fi password, not money from the register.

Must Be Using 2% Of Their Brain – I’m 100% glad I don’t work in tech support.

Need To Reset The Staff – Hits from the comments: “Newsflash, lady… these ‘non-IT types’ are the ENTIRE reason your job exists in the first place!”

Red You The Answers – I suppose they’re harder to guess when you make them up.

PEBCAK, Episode II – Ahhh, an oldie but a goodie.

It’s So Easy… Yet So Difficult – Pray you never meet a customer like Captain Literal here.

 

We hope you enjoyed this Password-themed roundup! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

10 Stories About The Stupidest Tech Support Calls Ever

 

10 Times Old People Were Really Confused By Technology

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!