Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #149578

, , , | Unfiltered | May 6, 2019

(I am a cashier at a burger place, my boyfriend is on break and I’m working alone except for the cook. A lady comes up to the counter.)

Me: Hi– (She cuts me off.)

Lady: How much is a California veggie burger?

Me: (I don’t know the prices off the top of my head and our prices are wrong on the signboard. I can’t check on the register without charging someone.) I wanna say it’s about 6 bucks.

Lady: How much is the combo?

Me: It’s probably 9 or 10 bucks.

Lady: You’re telling me it’s more than the regular burger?

Me: Yes. I’m not sure why. The avocado adds a dollar or two.

Lady: Show me! I don’t see it.

Me: (I point to it but the price is wrong.) Our prices are different now, but it’s under sandwiches.

Lady: It’s more expensive?!

Me: (A little fed up from the night, as it’s near closing.) I don’t make the prices, I just work here.

Lady: Well, I think we need more honest people in the world! Don’t you?! We need more honest people in the world!

Me: Uh–

Lady: Oh you’re not from here? Too bad! (She slams her hands on the counter.) I guess I’ll get to have a real goodbye! (She starts dancing.) Goodbye! (She backs away but comes back.) I want fries!

Me: (Fuming at this point.) For here?

Lady: Large fry. Yes for here! (Still dancing, while I put it into the register.) Are you new? I haven’t seen you around here! Are you a boy or a girl?

Me: (In disbelief, I’m clearly a white girl, this lady is crazy.) I don’t know.

Lady: You’re very Hispanic looking! You must be in the back the whole time!

Me: I’m usually in the shadows… (Trying not to kill her.)

Lady: ( She sits down after I put her order in.)

Me: (I’m still fuming and offended as other kids come up to the register. My boyfriend comes back from break.) Can you take these while I go punch something?

My boyfriend: Yeah, I guess.

(I had to take a breather in the bathroom. I was so pissed. I told my boyfriend what happened and he had very little reaction. Maybe I didn’t make it clear how crazy she was…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!