Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #148188

, , | Unfiltered | April 29, 2019

After building work has cut through power lines our store goes into complete black out.  It’s before the time of smart phones and we have no torches and have to use candles to locate customers and lead them out.  One customer is refusing to leave.

Co-worker *to manager “I need the office key”

Manager “What for?  You can’t go in there”.

Co-worker “My customer is refusing to leave until she gets the sewing pattern she wants”.

Manager *to customer “I’m sorry but you have to leave due to the black out”.

Customer “No I specifically came in for this pattern and I’m not leaving without it”.

Manager “But the office is pitch black, there’s no light in there at all”.

Customer “I want that pattern”

Manager “I can’t do it, if by chance I make it over to the pattern cabinet without tripping over something, I wouldn’t even be able to read the numbers on the patterns to pick the right one.  Then if by some miracle I got the right one, I wouldn’t be able to sell it to you”.

Customer “Why not?”

Manager “Because the power is out and the registers aren’t working”

Customer “But I could still pay for it”

Manager “No because the price list is in the pitch black office, I need you to leave for your own safety.”

Customer argued a bit more before finally leaving, grumbling how she was going to call head office.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!