Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #148108

, | Unfiltered | April 25, 2019

(I am the customer here and the bakery restaurant is a famous company that serves ‘French’ style products in over 50 countries.)

Me: I’ll have one espresso, table 3.

Server: Are you sure you want that? Espresso can taste bitter if you are not used to it.

Me: Yeap I’m fine with it I drink it at home too.

*Server repeats question to double check my choice.

Server: Sorry for asking, but some customers don’t really know how an espresso can taste like, and given that we are not exactly a top notch coffee gourmet cafe… it’s imperative that we ask several times.

Me: I understand. Do you get customers raging when they drink their espressos?

Server: Oh, plenty.

*As if on cue, a customer rushes in with her cup of coffee.

Customer: What is this sh*t? I f***ing paid 4 bucks for this and I got this bitter sh*t? Refund me now!

Server: Mdm, I do remember I had asked you twice whether you are sure you want an espresso, and also explained espressos can taste bitter depending on the beans we get. I also did mention that we have free sugar and creamers for you to add if you find it too bitter. As you have drank it already and do not have the receipt, I am unable to refund you.

Customer: I’ll complain! Just you watch.

*Being a regular, I heard from the server that the customer did indeed complained to head office. To quote – “Espressos are express coffees which should come with sugar and cream and whatnot in it pre-made. What’s so hard about it?”. Head office gave the server a 50 bucks gift card on top of her employee card.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!