Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #146026

, , | Unfiltered | April 4, 2019

Although I work in a college town, our menu items are fairly expensive and we generally cater to an older customer base. I’m the crew trainer, and have worked at this job for two years. I’m working the drive thru.

Me: “Thank you for driving through (Our Resturant), My name is (Name), may I take your order?”

Customer: “I’d like a burger with only mustard, pickle, extra extra onions, French fries, and..” She begins ordering a large and complicated order.

Me: “Okay, ma’am, and just to be sure, we don’t sell French fries here. We have seasoned or waffle fries- which one would you like tonight?”

Customer: *yelling now* “I SAID I want a burger only mustard, pickle, extra extra…”

She proceeds to shout the entire order, and ordered French Fries again. I wait until she finishes before trying again.

Me: “Okay, ma’am. I’ve got that. Except would you prefer the seasoned or waffle fries?”

Customer: “I said FRENCH FRIES.”

Me: “Yes ma’am, I understand, but we don’t have French fries here. We have seasoned or waffle. I want to make sure we get your order perfect.”

Customer: “FRENCH FRIES. I WANT FRENCH. FRIES. I don’t know if anyone’s told you how terrible you are at this, but this is the worst service I’ve had here.”

Me: *giving up and ringing her in for waffle fries, as they taste exactly French fries.* “Okay, thank you, ma’am, that will be (total).”

She called back later to complain that she’d gotten the wrong fries, wanted a full refund, and my name to give to corporate. Luckily, my manager had heard the entire thing and backed me up.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!