Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #145494

, , | Unfiltered | March 29, 2019

I work in a fabric store that has a senior discount promotion on certain Wednesday every month. We even have several large signs posted throughout the store giving the specific dates for that month.  I am the MOD on duty when this happens.
Customer, at the register making a small purchase of some thread” ”  And I want my discount too.”
Co-worker:  I’m sorry do you have a coupon?
Customer:  No , but I get the discount.
Co-worker:  Was the thread on sale?  It’s not ringing up that way.  I can go check though.
Customer:  It’s not on sale.  But I want the discount.  I’m entitled to it. Stop being so stupid and just give it to me.
I decide to step in.
Me:  What seems to be the trouble?  Can I help.
Customer:  Your cashier is so stupid,  She won”t give me my discount. If you advertise it, you have to give it to me.  It’s the Law.  I can report you.
Why are you all being so stupid?
Me:  Well Ma’am if this is ringing up wrong, we can fix it
Show me the sign and I’ll see what is wrong.
Customer lead me to the sign all the while telling me how stupid we all are and how lousy customer service is and  how we are all trying to rip her off.
Customer (pointing to sign on door for senior discount)  There it say senior discount, you have to honor it.
Me:  Yes Ma’am and if you come  back on the right dates we will certainly give you the discount.
Customer:  Well why can’t I have it now.  Do you have to be stupid to work here.  Why do I have to come back for the discount.
Me:  Well, for starters the senior discount is only offered on certain Wednesdays each month.
Customer:  So?
Me: Well Ma’am, today is Friday.
Customer:  Oh, well then.
She turned red, paid for her items and practically ran out of the store.
Stupid us, we can at least read.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!