Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #144709

, | Unfiltered | March 22, 2019

(I went to a large business with my grandmother and mother once. My grandma is… a conspiracy nut, and regularly yells at any cashier that she can, keep that in mind. We needed to renew our membership to this business and one of the employees there told us we could do it at check out, so we proceeded to our shopping.)

Grandma: Where should we go first? Do you know where anything is?

Mom: I don’t know, we only need paper towels and I only know where the candy is.

(The candy is directly in front of us and there are three aisles of it.)

Grandma: Oh! I need candy!

(My mother and I look at each other and sigh, she leaves me with the cart and goes to get the paper towels whilst I watch my Grandma. I am with the cart at the end of the aisle and I am checking every few seconds to see if my grandma is still there, I look back and she is gone.)

Me: Grandma?

(I push the cart forward and see her at the other end of the aisle, looking confused)

Me: Grandma!

(I continue calling  her and my mother shows up with the paper towels. My Grandmother finally sees us and walks over, needless to say, most of the shopping went like this, including her calling for chicken as she searched for it. We finally make it to the check out.)

Cashier: Hello. *Smile*

Grandma: Hi, we need to renew our membership.

Cashier: Oh, you have to do that at customer service.

(My grandma turns beet red and starts yelling at the woman.)

Cashier: Bob! BOB!

(A HUGE man comes over, about 6’3 and 240 pounds.)

Bob: Yes?

Cashier: *While Grandma is yelling.* She needs some help renewing her membership.

Bob: Uh, yeah. Ma’am, you have to do it at customer service.

Grandma: YOU DIDN’T TELL ME THAT!!

(At this point my mom and I are horrified. My grandma marches herself over to customer service and promptly starts yelling what happened to the woman there. Bob, the Cashier, my mom and I follow.)

Customer service rep: How can I help you?

Grandma: They told me that I couldn’t renew my my membership over there! *She soaps her card down* You have to do it!

(The woman looks a bit frazzled, but takes it in stride.)

Customer service rep: Alright Ma’am… Do you have your rebate?

Grandma: *Turns purple* YOU NEVER MAILED ME ONE!!!!

Customer service rep: Do you live at [My families address]

Grandma: No! *Points to my mom* She does!

Customer service rep: *Looks at us* Did you get it Ma’am?

(Our upstairs neighbors have been getting our mail)

Mom: No, I didn’t

Customer service rep: Well, I can check the system and if it hasn’t been used-

Grandma: DROP IT, DROP IT, DROP IT!

(She repeats this chant for several seconds)

Customer service rep: *Continues talking, but to my mom.

(Once we get this settled, my grandma ran over to the checkout)

My mom and I: We are SO sorry! She dies this all the time.

Customer service rep: It’s alright! I feel sorry for YOU!

(We smile and than her once more. We walk back to the checkout and everyone is staring at us. Bob and The Cashier are working double time, scanning things as fast as they can.)

Bob: *Hands grandma her reciet and hands us ours.* Have a nice day!

(The door is ten feet from the checkout and in that time frame, my grandma loses her receipt. They will not let you out of the store without it. But luckily, ther person checking has been watching this whole thing and lets us out. It was the WORST shopping trip I have EVER been on. Thank you kind employees!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!