Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #141668

, , | Unfiltered | February 25, 2019

(I used to work the front desk in a hotel and often needed to work nights. Our hotel is one of two in the area with similar names and many times guests book reservations at the wrong hotel).

Me: Hello and welcome to [Name of Hotel]. How may I help you?

Customer: Yes I booked a reservation under the name [Customer’s Name]. But this isn’t the hotel on the beach.

Me: No sir, we are the downtown property. The hotel on the beach is no longer a part of our corporate chain.

Customer: Well I booked my reservation for the hotel on the beach! Why the f*** did you take my reservation and make it here?

Me: I am sorry sir but ever since our chain dropped the beach property, we have been the only [Chain Name] hotel in the area.

Customer: So how are you going to transfer my reservation to the other hotel?

Me: I am sorry sir but we have no way of transferring reservations between properties. If you would like, I can check you in.

Customer: But I am not going to stay at this c** dump. I am going to stay at the beach hotel. 

Me: Ok sir. I can give you directions to the beach property.

Customer: But I already paid for my room!

Me: I can provide you with the phone number of the website with whom you booked your reservation and you they can help you with changes and cancellations.

Customer: You know what? F*** you!

(Customer proceeded to walk to the center of the lobby, drop his pants, squat, and defecate on the lobby floor before storming out).

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!