Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #140393

, , | Unfiltered | February 16, 2019

(I work at a  clothing store that puts plastic sensor tags on many of our items in order to deter theft. They’re taken off by a special magnetic machine at the cash registers, and beep cause the alarms at the door to beep loudly if they cross the doors. I’m ringing at the registers when a woman approaches my till. I greet her and she throws a bagged item at me and glares at me with a look of utmost hatred.)

Customer: The damn sensor tag got left on.

Me: Oh, I’m so sorry about that! Let me just take a look at your receipt and we’ll get that take off right away.

(I pull the item out and see that it’s a denim jacket, then quickly go over the receipt and spot the item. I then go to remove the sensor tag and apologize again.)

Customer: Every f****ing time! I don’t understand why it’s so hard.

Me: Sorry, ma’am. We try really hard to take sensor tags off, but sometimes they get missed. But here, the sensor tag is off now! It’s all yours.

Customer: I need to check for holes! Last time this happened the sensor tag left a big hole in the clothes.

(She then snatches the jacket and goes over it carefully. She  finally spots a tiny scuff in the denim fabric and throws the jacket back at me.)

Customer: See! It’s ruined. I want another one.

Me: Okay… sorry about that. I don’t think that scuff was caused by the sensor tag, but let me see if we can find out another one.

(I have a coworker check the floor and, sure enough, we’re out of the denim jacket she has. I apologize and offer to check another store for her, but she cuts me off.)

Customer: Just give me my damn money back! I want to return it, is that such a hard concept to understand?

Me: I’m sorry, ma’am. You haven’t said anything until now about wanting to return it. But sure, I’ll return it for you.

(I finish up the return, and the woman finally leaves in a huff, much to my relief. I later talked to my manager about it, and it turns out the customer comes in every few weeks, always with a snotty attitude and some huge problem, and nobody is every able to do anything to please her. Glad I’m not the only one!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!