Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #140358

, , | Unfiltered | February 14, 2019

So this customer wants to get service with a company I’ve represented and done sales for for about 4 years. She wants service features that cost a one-time fee of $100 but her husband doesn’t want to pay the $100. I agree to cover the $100 OUT OF MY OWN POCKET. We also give her an EXTRA $60 device FREE of charge. On the day the service is due to be hooked up the technician doesn’t have the equipment and mistaken says to the customer that she will have to pay the $100 for the equipment (she has my direct number and instructions to call me if she needs anything). She instead calls everyone but me until I hear that she is having an issue. I call her to explain that we are still going to cover the $100 that EVERY other customers has to pay but she is upset because she says she didn’t know I was a 3rd party. I say to her, “ma’am it doesn’t matter. Your customer service is better because you are able to contact us directly instead of having to call into a 1-800 number. She is still mad. She feels mislead. In spite of the fact that she is the person asking for special treatment that she would NEVER get from anywhere. We extend her every courtesy available and instead of being a normal human being decides to hang up on me and start texting me nonsense about how she should have went through the company directly. Just another example of a customer too focused on being ad instead of focusing on getting satisfied.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!