Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

14 Stories About Artists And Designers Dealing With Terrible Clients!

| Right | December 8, 2021

Dear readers,

If there is one thing the last couple of years have taught us, it’s that we wouldn’t be able to get by without art. Be it the kind we stream on Netflix or go see in a gallery, it’s all art and it all takes effort. Sadly, some clients who like to commission art and graphic design didn’t get this memo, so we’ve dedicated this roundup to all the long-suffering artists and graphic designers who have to put up with them.

We’ve rounded up fourteen stories from the archives about artists and designers dealing with terrible clients!

 

Photoshop Will Solve Everything – You’ve heard of impossible demands? Well, get ready for this one!

Mega Moochers, Inc. – Hits from the comments: “I wonder how many other companies they have this sort of ‘relationship’ with. Journal subscriptions, the electric company, office supplies…”

The Good, The Bad, And The Single-Minded – As many commenters have said… bullet dodged!

I’ll Have Your Skills And Experience, To Go – This is literally how business works.

Depth Perception Strikes Again, Part 2 – This is the kind of stupid that defies description.

Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Pink – When life gives you lemons, make pink lemonade.

The Art Of Telepathy – If they could read minds, they’d be charging way more.

Because Insurance Is Such A Scream – If you want your website to make people throw up, that costs extra.

Suffering From Bad Graphics – Hits from the comments: “Great, as long as that direction is nowhere near me, we’re good.”

Making You Feel All Kinds Of Blue – But were the brochures forest blue on de ting?

Not Restoring Confidence In The Sale – I saw someone levitate on TV today. You want me to do that, too?

Not So Pretty In All The Pinks – Okay, but which flamingo?! They’re not all the same shade, either!

Unable To Design A Way To Get Paid On Time – Honestly, if you can’t afford the thirty bucks, maybe commissioned work isn’t for you.

Logo Away – Doing your job involves work? Ludicrous!

 

We hope you enjoyed our Artists-Versus-Clients-themed roundup! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

23 Funny Stories About People Who Don’t Really “Get” Art

 

10 Stories About Writers That Will Make You Want To Pick Up A Pen! 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!