Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #137050

, , | Unfiltered | January 19, 2019

(My boyfriend is in the process of scheduling his Series 6 Securities exam -this enables him to take his Series 63, which enables him to help clients invest their funds into mutual funds, stocks, annuities, IRAs, and/or 401Ks. He sees that his window to schedule the exam is finally open- meaning he’s passed his Federal background check, Credit check, and properly completed a 10 year job history, and other paperwork- and he calls the Testing center to schedule his exam.)

Him: Hi I’m calling to schedule my Series 6 exam.

Worker: (With a very strong accent, that my boyfriend barely understands.) Ok, that’s great let me just get some basic information. Will you please spell your first and last name?

Him: Sure it’s NICHOLAS H A…

Worker: Ok and now I need your SSN, DOB, and Address.

(He provides the information)

Worker: Ok I have the following dates open, which day would you like.

Him: April 8, 2015

Worker: Ok, great I have a 10 am or a 2 pm, which time would you like?

Him: I’ll take the 2 pm.

Worker: Ok, I’ll send you a confirmation email, with the date, time, and address of the testing center. What is your email address?

(He provides the email address.)

Worker: (With very strong accent still.) Ok great I have N as in Nut, I as in ice, C as in cat, H as in hot, A as in atom, R as in robot.

Him: Sorry no, it should be Nicholasha1234@(site)

Worker: Ok, I’ll update that. Have a great day.

(He hangs up, and tells me hours later that he barely understood the guy. He also tells me that he was confused by the choices used in the N as in part. I laugh and tell him that I would have likely faired better as I’m great with accents, and I know the phonetic/military alphabet well. We’re still laughing about when my boyfriend gasps and says OH NO!!!! I was that Guy!

I say, what do you mean?

He says, I was struggling so much to understand him, that I thought he was trying to spell my name not my nickname used for the email address, and I totally gave him the wrong email!

I laughed and told him I was posting this on Not Always Right!)

To the poor person who had to take that call, I’m sorry you had to deal with that! I hope the next call you get is much smoother!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!