Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #135137

, , , | Unfiltered | December 30, 2018

(I work at a gas station where customers pay me first when paying with cash. Also, the pumps are arranged such that it’s hard for me to see small cars on the farthest pumps, especially when the other pumps are occupied. This happens while we are busier than I’ve seen in quite a while.)

Customer #1: “Give me 10 on the white Honda out there”
(The customer waves in the general direction of the gas pump, and immediately goes into the restroom before I can ask for clarification. Assuming she will be a while, I continue helping the other customers in line. A minute later, she comes back.)

Customer #1: “Am I all set?”

Me: “Not yet. Which pump were you on?”

Customer #1: “The white Honda, right there. How can you not see it?”

(I look outside, where I see several cars, none of which are white.)

Me: “Are you on the other side of the outside pumps? It might be blocked from my view…”

Customer #1: *getting very angry* ” ITS THE WHITE ONE,RIGHT THERE!!! I want to talk to your manager, you’re just being lazy and don’t want to help me.”

(I started to say my manager wasn’t in, but she wanted none of it. After a minute or so, I decided that I should walk outside to find her car. Sure enough, her car was parked behind a pump where I wasn’t able to see it from the register. I finished the transaction, while she continued to berate me for my bad service. Meanwhile, a line has formed behind her, and the gentleman behind her is obviously annoyed.)

Me: “I’m sorry you feel that way mam, here’s your receipt.”

Customer #1: “I just can’t believe that [Store name] would hire such an incompetent…”

Customer #2: “lay off lady. He hasn’t done anything wrong. Why don’t you go home and f*** yourself?”

Customer #1: “WHAT?! Oh no, you don’t speak to me like…”

Customer #2: “I’ll d*** we’ll speak to you how I want. What are you, drunk or something? There’s no need to act the way you are. Go home and leave this poor kid alone.”

(The first customer spluttered, said something under her breath. I didn’t catch most of it, but I heard the word “police”)

Customer #2: “Yeah? I’ll call them on you first, lady. You’ll probably get a DUI.”

(Customer #1 left in a huff, while the other customers applauded. The second customer turned to me.)

Customer #2: *calm as can be* “Thirty on pump seven.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!