Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #135070

, , | Unfiltered | December 26, 2018

(I answer technical support phone calls for a worldwide spam filtering and email hosting company. We host everything from basic POP3 mailboxes to the newest Microsoft Exchange servers. This is in 2015 and this call lasts about 20 minutes.)
Me:  Thank you for calling [Company] Technical Support, how can I help you?
Customer: Yes, I have a computer technician working on an issue with me, and we’ve tried to solve this for about an hour and we’re not getting anywhere. I’m not sure I understand any of this, but the technician said that I should call you and that you would ask me some questions.
Me: Uh… Okay, do you know what questions he said I would ask?
Customer: I don’t know. I don’t really know what’s going on with this. I have an email with an attachment that I need, and we can’t get into [Company]’s webmail.
Me: Alright, then I may be able to help. What is the email address you host with us?
Customer: [Customer’s Name]@[Hosted Domain Name].com
Me: One moment, let me pull up the account.
(I search the domain name and find that not only is this company’s email not hosted with us, they cut all services with our company back in 2011…)
Me: I’m sorry, ma’am, but I think you may have called the wrong number. I do see an account for that domain name, but all services with us were cancelled 4 years ago back in 2011.
Customer: Okay, so what do you need from me to be able to access my email?
Me: Nothing. Unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do as your company’s email isn’t hosted with us.
Customer: So how do I get this attachment!
Me: You would call your email host…
Customer: I don’t know who that is, I thought that was you!
Me: No, ma’am. Your company filtered email with us, but the account has been closed since 2011…
Customer: So who do I need to call?
Me: Ma’am, I’m sorry that you can’t log into your own company email account, but you need to call your boss or your helpdesk, which is not us.
-Click-

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!