Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #134089

, , | Unfiltered | December 21, 2018

(Our store has office supplies, electronics, and a copy shop. In Canada, we have chips on our debit and credit cards, where the cards have to be inserted into the machine and stay in until the machine says to remove. Also you need a pin on even the credit cards. There are signs everywhere in our store explaining many things that shouldn’t need to be explained. Here are a few of the interactions that happen ALL THE TIME in my store)

Customer: It says to take my card out. What should I do?

Me: *speechless*

_____

Customer: This copier won’t work! Why won’t it turn on!?

Me: You have to press the energy saver button; it’s gone into sleep mode.

Customer: Well you should have a sign somewhere saying that!

Me: *points to sign*

_____

Customer: Why is this copier charging me so much! I don’t want colour copies!

Me: That’s the colour machine.

Customer: But I don’t want them in colour! How am I supposed to know this is the colour machine!?

Me: *points to sign*

_____

Me: Has someone helped you yet?

Customer: Yes.

Me: Ok, great. *walks away*

*later*

Customer: Aren’t you going to help me!?

Me: Um, you said someone was already

Customer: No I didn’t!

_____

Customer: I need help with printers

Me: Ok, I’ll call someone over for you

Customer: Why can’t you help me?

Me: because I’m the only cashier and if I go help you in printers, there will be no one on cash…

Customer: This is ridiculous! I don’t want to wait!

____

Customer: Oh, I don’t know the pin on my credit card.

Me: Then you’ll have to use another card.

Customer: Can’t you just override it?

Me: No, that would defeat the purpose of having a pin.

____

Customer: Come help me

Me: What do you need help with?

Customer: (Walking away) Over here

Me: I can’t leave the cash. If you tell me what you need help with, I’ll get someone over right away for you

Customer: JUST COME HELP ME

___

Customer: I need copies

Me: Ok, do you want 1 hour express, or you can you leave it with us for a while?

Customer: No, I need it right now.

Me: I can’t guarantee it will be done right away. I can guarantee 1 hour.

Customer: but don’t you just like, hit print?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!