Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #132759

, | Unfiltered | December 14, 2018

A coworker had been trying to call a customer to let him know some items he has ordered are in. Months later the customer comes in irate.

Customer *rudely ” I have been waiting six months for my order”.

Me “Ok I’ll check the order book, what is your name please?” *I can’t find his order so ask for the details of the order and his phone number promising to call him back as soon as I find out. I find the order form in our office and find part of the order and give him a call, the phone just rings out.

A few weeks later he is back in, yelling at my young staff who call me to the counter to help him.

Customer “IT’S BEEN MONTHS AND YOU PROMISED TO CALL ME BACK BUT DIDN’T”

Me “Actually I did call and (Coworker) has called, we never get an answer”. He shakes his head.

Him “WHY DON’T YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE THEN? IF YOU EVEN CALLED THAT IS”

Me “I did call and there is no way to leave a message” He shakes his head again furiously. I have to go and find his order but can’t actually find it as the Coworker hid it so no one would put it out so I have to ask for his phone number again.

Me “Ok your name is” *starts writing his complicated name out without asking him for it.

Customer *stops yelling and head shaking “Oh you do know who I am?”

Me “Yes I do”

I ask Coworker where his order is the next time she is in and she gives it to me.

Coworker “The number you have there is completely different to what he gave me” I notice that the number he first gave me is the same as what she had written on the order form.

I call him up on the new number, the phone rings for a couple of times before there’s no sound at all, I wait a couple of moments to see if there is a message.

Me “Uh, hello ………… hello?”

Customer *finally “Hello, who are you?”

I tell him, he’s happy his order is in and comes into the store quite quickly. I have the original order form, that has all of our notes of trying to call him and getting no answer, he notices the phone number on it.

Customer “How did you get that number?”

Me “You gave it to us”

Customer “But that’s my other phone, I never use it. I don’t know how you got that number”.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!