Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #131672

, , | Unfiltered | December 9, 2018

(I work as a cashier at a Walmart. On my lunches, I usually pick up something in the store to eat in the break room. I have grabbed my purchase and make my way into my line. In front of me is a friendly elderly customer discussing something on her cellphone. Unlike most rude customers who pretend the cashier is a robot while they’re on their phones, this woman smiles and bounces back and forth between talking to the cashier and whoever is on the phone with her. She pays with a check, and just as she hands it over to the cashier, a customer steps into line behind me. It literally only takes a few seconds for her to start bellowing from behind me to the customer in front of me.)

Customer behind me: Excuse me, LADY!?? Can you hang up your phone and, I dunno, FUNCTION?

Me: (Turns around and gives her a look that silently screams “Can you NOT?”)

Customer on phone: …I’m sorry. (She doesn’t hang up, but she finishes her purchase and apologizes to the cashier, myself, and the customer behind me. Said customer scoffs.)

Customer behind me: Jeez…call couldn’t have been THAT important.

((I honestly could not have wished for my purchase to go any faster, that customer was making me so uncomfortable.))

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!