Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

13 Strange Stories About People You Meet On The Subway

| Right | October 27, 2020

Dear readers,

On this day in 1904, the New York City subway began its inaugural run. Every day, millions of people swipe their cards and shuttle off to various points of the city, and millions more take subway rides in other major cities of the world.

Nowadays, subways have a reputation of being strange and dirty places filled with unusual characters and gum stuck to things that should never have gum stuck to them. To celebrate over a century of rapid transit, and all that entails, we’ve gathered 13 stories from our archives about the people you meet on the subway!

 

Send You To Jail In An Undiscovered Country – Who hasn’t heard of Klingons?!

Bigotry Is Ugly In Any Language – Bilingual Karma is the best Karma.

He’s As Phony As A Three-Dollar Bill – This guy sure knows how to endear himself to strangers.

Another Reason To Hate Stairs – Hits from the comments: “Passive-aggressive level: stairing.”

Inheriting Some Real Hot Real Estate – So… approximately ten percent of the population is going to Hell for being left-handed. Good to know.

Time To Say Bye Bye Baby – Sometimes you have to fake your way out.

Brownie Points For Lying – We’re gonna need you to go back to the part about Barcelona.

A Tale Of Two Sitters – Appearances are deceiving; jerks take many forms.

No Stopping Him Now – Sometimes the “strange characters” from the subway are just plain cute.

Sub-par Subway Humor – Subways may be scary but they’re not sentient.

Hormones Aren’t The Only Thing Imbalanced – There’s “pregnancy brain” and then there’s this.

Steel Yourself For Some Stealing – Ah, hypocrisy at its finest and stupidest.

He Has An Amazing Station In Life – To close the doors on this roundup, here’s an inspirational story about one amazing janitor.

 

We hope you enjoyed this roundup about the people you meet on the subway! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

23 Weird And Funny Stories About The Strangest Customers Ever

 

23 Stories About New York, And Why You Have To Be Ready For The Big Apple!

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!