Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

13 Crazy Stories About Children Reading – For Read Across America Day!

| Right | March 2, 2021

Dear readers,

Today is Read Across America day!

Since 1998, the National Education Association has sponsored this day to encourage people of all ages to pick up a book (paper or electronic) and fall in love with reading, be it for the first time or all over again. The power of a good story is universal – in fact, without good stories, this site wouldn’t exist!

We’ve rounded up thirteen stories about children and children’s books to rekindle the joy of reading for everyone. Not everyone has access to books and great stories, so we shouldn’t take them for granted!

 

The Horrors Of Mispronunciation, Part 3 – You’re right, kid; that is scary!

Childlike Parenting – If you don’t want to be a parent, don’t become one.

A Major Problem With A Minor Request – We can’t actually think of any business that “provides the children.”

Wingardium Laziosa – Hits from the comments: “Wikipedia. Plot Summary. You’re welcome.”

Try Not To Read Too Much Into It – Thank goodness this apple appears to have fallen some distance from the tree.

The Twilight Of Our Literacy, Part 10 – What do you think students do all day?!

Don’t Count Out The Cost Of Education – Reading is simple. But math… that’s a little more complicated.

Moby Thick – Considering Herman Melville died 130 years ago… that’s gonna be tough.

Good Morning To Irony – I’ve got nothing. Just read it… if you can.

Narnia Gets Good Reception – Life for the Pevensies would’ve been so much easier if they could’ve just given Aslan a ring.

The Horrors Of Mispronunciation, Part 6 – Hits from the comments: “The ability to understand and translate book titles like this should be recognized in the Olympics.”

(Not One Of) History’s Mysteries – And just like that, several million people ceased to exist.

The Mother Should Be Booked – This is just incredibly sad.

 

We hope you enjoyed this Children-Reading-themed roundup! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

11 Hilarious Stories About Children Behaving Better Than Their Parents

 

11 Stories About Customers Who Absolutely Hate To Read

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!