Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #127589

, , | Unfiltered | November 23, 2018

I work at a small pizza place in a small town. We’re right next to the highway that runs through us and we’re in between a few larger towns. We also happen to be right next to a cheap motel, so we get a lot of people stopping in late at night to order pizza.

Our largest size, Jumbo, isn’t very popular so we only have it in our most popular crust, our thick crust.

During this exchange I’m the only one in the store.

Husband and wife walk in.

Me: “Hi! You guys here to place an order or pick one up?”

Husband: “We’re gonna place one and then wait and then pick it up.”

Me: “Alright, do you guys know what you want to order or do you need a few minutes to look?” (I’m hoping they need to look as I have other pizzas to make.)

Husband: “Yeah we’re ready to order!”

Me: “Great! What can I get for you?”

They start looking over the menu again and asking eachother what they think sounds good. They clearly don’t know what they want.

After about a minute,
Me: “Still need a few minutes to decide?”

Husband: “No no, we’re ready. What’s your largest size?”

(I point to the signs we have hanging on the wall right behind me listing what sizes we have and how many slices they come in. Each sign also shows the size of the pizza.)

Husband: “Oh okay, so jumbo is your biggest size?”

Me: “Yes, sir.”

Husband: “And does that come in the buttery crust?”

Me: “No, sorry. Our jumbo size only comes in our thick crust.”

Husband: “So I can’t get the jumbo in the buttery?”

Me: “No, I’m sorry sir. Our jumbo size only comes in our thick crust, not in the buttery crust.”

Husband: “But what about the buttery crust?”

Me: “The buttery crust only comes in small, medium and large.”

Husband: “So I can’t get the buttery crust for the jumbo size?”

Me: “No, sir.”

Husband: “But why not?”

Me: “Our jumbo size only comes in our thick crust. It’s not very popular of a size so we only have it in our most popular crust.”

Husband: “Oh okay, do you guys have any specials?”

Me: “Yes we do! They’re right here on this whiteboard.”

(He takes notice to one with two medium pizzas with two toppings each, for $9 each. After talking it over with his wife, they decide on that one.)

Husband: “Okay, we’ll do that two medium special. Let’s get two larges on-”

Me: (Knowing I need to hurry this up, I still have pizzas to make) “I’m sorry sir, the special is with two mediums.”

Husband: “So I can’t get two larges for $9 each?”

Me: “No, sorry. It’s two mediums for $9 each.”

Husband: “Well I’m confused. I’ll do two mediums on the thick crust with canadian bacon and black olives.”

After the whole ordeal with the jumbo size not in buttery, he didn’t even want the buttery crust.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!