Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #125715

, , | Unfiltered | November 13, 2018

It’s that time of year again! We have signs posted everywhere about our seasonal “Pumpkin Spice Latte”. Now, we’re just a small coffee shop inside a bigger business in no way associated with some other big brand coffee shops. A sign near the register clearly states what goes into our latte: Pumpkin Pie syrup, Chai Tea Spice, Espresso, Steamed Milk and Whipped Cream. We also carry (year-round) a Chai Tea Latte which is made with actual Chai Tea and not the spice.

Nearly everyday a customer will walk in and ask for a “Pumpkin Spice Latte, the Chai Tea one” and point to the sign. I will make the drink and send them on their way and when they come back minutes later I automatically know the problem. “There’s espresso in here.” they tell me, pointing to the same sign “I wanted just the Pumpkin Spice, with the Chai Tea.”

No. What you want is a Chai Tea Latte with Pumpkin Pie syrup added. This isn’t even on the menu.

When I do ask people to clarify which one they want, I get looked at like I’m stupid, I should know what they’re talking about.

Don’t even get me started on the people who ask me what kind of Mochas we have. “Do you have Caramel Mocha?” then bring it back because they didn’t want chocolate.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!