Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #124797

, , | Unfiltered | November 6, 2018

(I work at a small public library, this is a phone conversation. )
Me: Public Library, how may I help you?
Customer: Hi, I was wondering if you have *specific book*?
(I search the card catalog and discover we have a copy on the shelf.)
Me: We apparently have a copy on the shelf.
Customer: Great! I’d like to come pick it up.
Me: Alright. Would you like me to make sure it’s here before you head in?
Customer: Sure, that would be great.
(I go to the shelf, quickly find the book and return to the desk.)
Me: Alright, I have the book. Can I have your name to reserve it and when will you be in the pick it up?
Customer: (Gives me his name) We are eating at the Pizza Hut right now, so I’ll be there in about an hour.
(The Pizza Hut is literally next door to the library.)
Me: Yummy! I’m totally jealous. Well enjoy your food and I’ll see you in a bit. I’ll keep the book at the desk for you.
Customer: Great, thank you!
(About an hour later a man and woman come in, the man is carrying a Pizza Hut box. I immediately grab the book, figuring it has to be the same person I spoke with.)
Me: Hi! Are you *customers name*, here to pick up *specific book*?
Customer: I am. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!
Me: No problem, I’m here to help.
(I go through the process of checking out the book and give it to the customer.)
Me: Have a great night!
Customer: (Puts the pizza box down on the desk) Here, this is for you!
(I just look at him, shocked.)
Me: Excuse me?
Customer: You were so helpful and my wife and I wanted to thank you, so we got you a pizza. It’s just cheese, we weren’t sure what you liked.
(I’m not sure what to say. Usually the most anyone ever does is say thank you, if I’m lucky.)
Me: You didn’t have to do that. Thank you so much!
Customer: It’s the least we could do. My son needs this book for a school project and waited till the last moment, you saved the day.
Me: Well I’m glad to help.
(Thank you, sir! You made my day.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!