Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #124465

, , | Unfiltered | October 24, 2018

(I work for a power company as a meter reader. My job involves going house to house and taking a reading from each electricity meter so the customer gets an accurate power bill. At one particular house, the customer is outside watering her flowers and gives me a wave as I walk around the side of her house where her meter is. Her gas meter is just below that, and I can smell a suspicious odour that seemed to be coming from the gas meter.)

Me: Excuse me, miss? I think I can smell gas coming from your gas meter. You might have a gas leak.

Customer: (smelling gas) Oh, I can smell it too. Yeah, what should I do?

Me: You need to call your gas company right away so they can send someone over to fix it.

Customer: Cool. I’ll get on it later.

(The customer goes back to watering her flowers. The smell of gas becomes so strong I start to feel sick. I also notice she has parked her car only metres from where the leak is. After finishing reading her electricity meter I get her attention again.)

Me: Hey, just letting you know, that gas leak seems to be pretty bad. You better call someone straight away.

Customer: Yep, I’ll get on it later.

Me: (concerned) Okay, but just so you know, your car is parked right next to it, so if you start it, it could ignite and possibly blow up your house. Get on it immediately!

Customer: Yes, yes, I know. I’ll get on it later! (Finishes watering garden) Geez, I need a smoke now…

(The customer pulls out a packet of cigarettes from her pocket. I’ve never run so fast in my life.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!