Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #123731

, , | Unfiltered | October 21, 2018

I’m a front desk agent at a hotel. One morning a guest comes up to me.
customer: yeah, I was wondering if I could get a discount t on my room. The heat wasn’t working in my room and I was cold when I woke up this morning, I was like, frozen. I don’t feel I should have to pay for that.
I’m immediately suspicious of this because we were not full the night before and it would have been very easy to move him to a new room if he had informed the desk agent. I press for more information.
Me: I’m sorry to hear that, how was it not working? Was the control panel on the wall not lighting up? Or was the control panel working but the heating unit itself didn’t kick in?
Customer: well, it wasn’t really not working. It’s just I went over and pressed the button on the thing on the wall andoing it said fan and cold air started coming out. It must have been the fan and not the heat. I was so cold, I barely slept.
Me: I see, and did you askin for help with it?
Customer: no, I just left it and went to bed. I was really tired and I didn’t want to bother with it.
Me: so, just let me make sure I have this right. You turned on the fan instead of the heater and rather than ask for help or turn it off you went to sleep, and now you want a discount because you woke up cold?
Customer: yes. So?
Me: I’m sorry sir, but under those circumstances I won’t be able to offer a discount. The heater itself was working, you just didn’t turn it on, you left the fan running and you never informed us of the situation so we had no way to try to help you.
Customer: oh, really?
Me: yes, I’m sorry.
customer: oh. Because I find your rooms are very expensive. I was cold and I wanted a discount.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!