Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #123701

, , | Unfiltered | October 19, 2018

I work with support tickets for game servers. We get a flow of children as customers, so sometimes, things can get hectic.

Client: My server won’t work. I need these plugins configured.

For plugins to be configured, the customer needs to purchase ‘Premium Support’.

Me: I’d be happy to help you with that. Please understand that it would normally cost you premium support, but I’m in such a good mood today, I’ll do it for free. (It was relatively minor, so I did it for her)

Client: Okay, now do this plugin. (Didn’t even thank me)

Me: Of course, but as I already gave you some free premium support, you’ll have to purchase premium support if you want me to continue.

Client: Why?

Me: It’s company policy, [Client’s name]. I’m terribly sorry for this inconvenience. I can set up an invoice for you right now.

Client: No.

Me: All right, I’m sorry to hear that. Is there anything else you needed?

Client: Yes. The plugin. I need it configured.

I explain again that she needs Premium Support for this.

Client: Can you give it to me for free?

I read this over a few times in utter disbelief.

Me: I’m sorry, no, I can’t. We can’t give out paid services for free.

Client: Why not?

Me: Businesses like us need money from clients to survive. We can’t just give things out for free.

Client: I want to talk to someone else.

She passed through over five different people, including two managers, before she finally agreed to being billed for Premium Support. Her ticket lasted almost an entire month.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!