Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #120614

, , | Unfiltered | September 11, 2018

(I’m an assistant manager in a deli and we had recently switched from one brand of lunch meat to another. During this change, the new brand of lunch-meat employees were giving out free samples; one of which was packs of hotdogs. The following conversation ensues:)

Guest: “I came in here either yesterday or three days ago and was given these hotdogs but they expire today! Can I get a new pack; my wife won’t let me eat them.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, those were a free sample and we were giving them out three days ago, they were meant to be eaten right away.”

Guest: “Well they said at the service counter I couldn’t return them. But my wife won’t let me eat them so I wanted you to exchange them for me.”

Me: Sir, those were given out for free by [brand]. I can’t just replace them because technically they aren’t even ours, they are from [brand] as a promotion and they never were inventoried into our system.” *taking the hot dogs from the counter* “The only thing I really can do is throw them away for you or you can keep them and eat them today.”

Guest: “My wife said I’d get sick if I ate them.”

Me: “Well then I’ll just get rid of them for you.”

(I threw them in the trash and walked away. My whole team gave me high fives.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!